I actually painted ahead a day in the event since I was so motivated. This really is a fun and comfortable pump. I brought out the colors a little more than the original shoe. I don't think it is for sale any longer but I will check it out before going on my shoe shopping trip some day very soon. It reminds me of Oregon State colors -- for all you alumni!
This is one of the backgrounds I painted at the beginning of the Challenge using the webbing and spraying with Dr. Ph. Martin Hydrus Watercolors. I did enhance the background with a little of the Quin Coral from Daniel Smith. I also used about three different orange reds to make the shoe "pop": Quin Coral, Perinone Orange, and Cad Red Light--first wash. These colors were fairly transparent and needed many layers to paint over the background. Sometimes I like to leave it showing through but this time I was trying to paint over it.
Striped Orange and Black Platform 6x6 Watercolor on 300 lb Fabriano
Sharing my paintings with others is one of the joys in my life. Educating others about how I paint and the media I use is very important and why I wanted to reach out through this blog. Hope you will add a comment about what you see.